Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Painted Rust

Hey everyone, and welcome to Painted Rust. The postings that follow represent my attempt to cope with Cystic Fibrosis.

Living with a potentially fatal disease means living with constant emotional strain. The deterioration of health is often followed by the deterioration of will, and, in turn, a sense of powerlessness that cannot be described - only experienced.

Such a devastating disease is intrinsically intertwined with pain and struggle. However, those living with CF learn to embrace the positives while disregarding the negatives. Cystic Fibrosis, therefore, serves as a reminder to live life to its fullest. To cherish the time we have with friends, family and loved ones.

Selfishly, I created this blog for my own personal benefit. My sanity depends on it. My hope is that these postings will provide me with a means of expression. A forum with which to share my frustrations, struggles, pains and victories. Yes, this blog is for me.

But it is also for you: the reader. If nothing else, I hope that these writings enlighten and educate. Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that is plagued by both ambiguity and misunderstanding. I urge you, the reader, to seek out more information about CF. Educate yourself, get involved, and make a difference.

Most importantly; get the message. Yes, CF represents negativity. But it also represents all that is precious in life. Accept these stories for what they are: tales of courage, determination, will power, friendship and love. My hope is that each one of you takes something away from these writings. Acknowledge the negativity in your own life, but never let it limit your potential. Live, laugh, and love – it’s the only way to exist.

No comments: